The Cold Blue

B-17Guy

I was thinking about going. It looks like it will be aired on HBO next month. So I bought HBO for two months so I could watch that and the Chernobyl mini series.

Although seeing it on the big screen would be better. Much more expensive though.

I saw it last night and felt it was well done.

At least half of the footage was stuff that I had not seen previously.

The restoration of the original footage shot by Wyler and his crew was spectacular.

Glad I saw it on the big screen.

John

Great movie. One of the 8th Air Force Vets interviewed for the movie wanted one last ride in a WW2 aircraft and was killed when it crashed shortly after his interview.

EdwardJReed

I too saw it at the movie theater last night. I don't have HBO so opted to view it on the big screen and it did have nice impact. some of the flight scenes looking out to the other B-17s had an almost 3D effect which was really cool! the interviews were tear jerkers... the antidotes and stories from the surviving veterans was worth hearing from their own mouths... and yes, seeing Vince Losada and then the revelation of who he was from recent news was heartbreaking. worth seeing. will own this in my collection whenever it hits bluray.

Charlie Flick

Yep, sorry that I could not make it to see this in the theater but will look forward to seeing it on the small screen. Looks and sounds great.

Charlie

Very well done. I honestly thought the addition of the veterans being interviewed was just as great if not better than the restoration of the footage. And it was something really to see on the big screen, glad I was able to see it that way. Definite addition to the blu ray library when this comes out!

• 2 weeks later...
pararaftanr2

Watched it on HBO this past evening and it was excellent. The clarity of the film was simply amazing. Without giving anything away, stick around for the final credits, you won't regret it.

Thanks for the heads up I did not know it was out yet, it's all over HBO. Great film interesting pictures and stories worth seeing.