WWII Rhineland Campaign, question

digi-shots

digi-shots

Just want to make sure...

But am I correct that participation at Operation Market Garden (Holland) falls under the RHINELAND Campaign (and would merit one star on an EAME medal/ribbon) ?

Thanks!

Just want to make sure...

But am I correct that participation at Operation Market Garden (Holland) falls under the RHINELAND Campaign (and would merit one star on an EAME medal/ribbon) ?

Thanks!

Yes, to include those other U.S. units that came after up there, like the U.S. 7th Armored Division etc, units of our XIX Corps if I'm not mistaken

digi-shots

Patches, thanks

Belgium, Battle of the Bulge, would be covered by ARDENNES Campaign?.... and separate battle star.

Patches, thanks

Belgium, Battle of the Bulge, would be covered by ARDENNES Campaign?.... and separate battle star.

Yes on both counts.

A 101st trooper that served in all of the Division's campaigns will have 4 stars (Normandy, Rhineland, Ardennes and Central Europe)

digi-shots

Thanks, y'all !

Still working on getting an 82nd AB uniform... 3 battle stars & arrowhead (arrived in theater late June 1944) His paperwork specifically mentions ARDENNES and RHINELAND - was confused on RHINELAND.

The Rhineland Campaign

15 September 1944-21 March 1945

This Campaign covers a lot of battles, like the Battles of the Siegfried Line, to include the Battle of Aachen, the Battle of the Huertgen Forest, Market Garden as mentioned, the early battles in the fall of 1944 to force the Roer River etc etc, this involving the 1st and 9th Armies, the 3rd Army in Lorraine falls under it too as does 7th Army even though these two armies were no where near what is called the Rhineland really, I guess being the overall goal was the Rhine River anywhere along it's course whether the Lower Rhine (The Netherlands- Germany North of say Cologne and South of the North Sea Coast) or the Upper Rhine (Western Central-Western Southern Germany). The German Ardennes Offensives bring activity to a halt, with that part of the 3rd Army not up in Belgium, and the 7th Army going on the defensive, but advance begins again in mid to late January-early February 1945, that's why that March date is given as the end of this campaign.