ww2 d-day beachmaster 7 on ebay

Costa

Giorgio(Italian war front) used to be the go to guy for really legit helmets. A few years ago he did some things that he shouldn't have in cleverly wording some sales concerning a few helmets he was selling on eBay that he knew were fake but, the wording made it sound as if they weren't.

That said, he has never been caught out and out selling fakes as legit. However, he harmed his reputation to the point that he is no longer considered a trusted dealer.

As for this helmet, I can't say one way or the other based on the one photo. If someone wants to post all the shots here, then maybe we can get further.

I know Georgio

He is not the type of guy to paint a helmet

Over the years I have got amazing things from him

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seller says:

"COULD BE THE REAL DEAL OR A VERY OLD MUSEUM COPY"

I am unsure how an experienced helmet dealer would not know whether the helmet is "the real deal" or a "museum copy."

Perhaps he could explain since he is a forum member.

I know if I was selling the helmet I would want to know for sure before listing it since there is a huge difference in value.

ArchangelDM

Seller says:

"COULD BE THE REAL DEAL OR A VERY OLD MUSEUM COPY"

I am unsure how an experienced helmet dealer would not know whether the helmet is "the real deal" or a "museum copy."

Perhaps he could explain since he is a forum member.

I know if I was selling the helmet I would want to know for sure before listing it since there is a huge difference in value.

There are lots of collectors on this forum for items like this, is anybody here bidding on it or jumping at the chance to own it.

If not I think the answer is pretty clear to whether its genuine or not, also the description is highly misleading.

You either know or you dont honestly know. You can make your own mind up to whether this seller is being honest.

Owen,

I've had my own disputes with Anton, but there is nothing wrong or "low life" about what he said. At one time "Italianwarfront" was a name synonymous with rare, original helmets, but over time there have been a number of questionable helmets listed in a way that rightfully brings up the question posed by anton. Personally any time that I saw "could be a copy" or something to that effect in one of Giorgio's listings I felt that he had doubts about it, because I know I did, but he was hoping his reputation would be enough to persuade less knowledgeable bidders that it must be right if he was listing it.

I don't want to say that Giorgio is producing helmets because I have no proof, but I have long considered him to be less than scrupulous in his listing practices and when he continues these behaviors I think it is only fair that his reputation is questioned. This discussion could be one that helps other collectors, much like the other times this forum has caught those whose wallets were heavier than their morals, but only if we refrain from attacking those that have not done anything but ask a valid question.

SEABEE SON

That blue shade is a red flag for me. I would expect a blue grey color on these as Dean and others have mentioned. Looks too ‘fresh ‘ to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blacksmith

I think this is a general issue that needs addressed, if this forum is going to continue to be viewed as a community for the open and sincere discussion of militaria.

We saw this in the ARVN helmet topic recently as well.

Members should be allowed to ask questions, and make observations, about ANY item from ANY source, without fear of derision.

This issue aside, if I was a dealer getting ready to sell a rare helmet, I would post it here for comments. Honestly, like it or not, the collecting community has become the court of opinion for authenticity. What is the first thing most buyers are going to do when they get it? You betcha, post it on a forum for opinion. They then have to decide - if there are dissenting opinions - what to do. Wouldn’t it be better to get that out of the way up front?

And I don't buy the whole “that’s why the top helmet collectors won’t post their helmets anymore” line. Why? Because somebody might say something bad about them? So what? If you want to reap the fruits of selling helmets online, you have to accept the other side of that coin as well. Because if you don’t post it, somebody is going to - unless you plan to keep it til death.

His statement was low life

I stand by what I typed

It’s my opinion

The keyboard commando Anton jibes are typical of him.

It’s his typical holy than thou attitude.

His statement was low life

I stand by what I typed

Its my opinion

The keyboard commando Anton jibes are typical of him.

Its his typical holy than thou attitude.

Thats rich coming from you!...whatever you typed got removed so it was probably nasty, inflammatory and rude, like most of your comments. I cant believe the moderators allow you to still be on this forum. You rarely have anything supportive or fair and balanced to say.

This is now waaaay off topic, but someone has to call you out on your rudeness and nasty opinions.

I think I would keep my powder dry on this one........ Just that first "gut feeling".......... Regards

huntssurplus

I think everyone on this forum has the right to add their own opinions to the discussion whether it's saying that they don't think a seller is trustworthy, or if they think a helmet is fake, or if they don't agree with others opinions, etc.

The thing that is wrong is when you add on unnecessary insults towards other members who are merely stating their own opinion. This is a public forum, which means that it allows almost anyone to have the ability to have their say. If you don't like what someone else has to say you can respectfully respond to them. For example:

Person 1: I don't think Seller X is a trustworthy, based on my own experiences and knowledge it seems they misleads buyers.

Person 2: Person 1, I respectfully disagree with your opinion on Seller X, but from my own personal experience, Seller X is a very upfront and nice guy. I don't think they would intentionally mislead prospective buyers.

I know most members practice respect and politeness on this forum, and for that I am grateful, but see how we have strayed off topic from the original thread and question? Even I am contributing to it. But it seems that too many threads are taken over by the same thing. If you want to banter or insult each other we can make a seperate thread for that and we can insult each other all we want, just as long as it doesn't interfere with other threads.

Hunt

huntssurplus

To add on one more thing, you don't necessarily need to respect the person saying their opinion, but what you do need to respect is the thread itself, and the other members who are actually trying to use this forum to learn more about this hobby. So think about that before hijacking the thread to go on your own personal crusade attacking other members for saying their opinion.

I was going to try to clean up this thread so as to get it back on topic but, I think this helmet has run it's course and it may just be best to lock it down.

Insults have become pretty common here in the helmet section and will not be tolerated. If your post disappears by the hand of a moderator because you got a case of the snarks, don't repost it. That one will be deleted also and you will receive a warning which will lead to suspension which ultimately leads to banning. Some of you ride a very thin line here.