F4F-3 Wildcat

swag

I've seen that aircraft there many many a time on my way to and from Michigan - California for business trips in years past.

In fact, as a result I once formally nominated the Wildcat as the finest WWII Navy fighter - on balance.

I too came around the corner and was surprised and pleased to see this. My question is, was this actually his or just a representative of what he flew?

I think this particular one was pulled from the Great Lakes, sent to the bottom as a result of carrier landing practice during WW2 .

• 4 weeks later...
Is that a permanent display?

Yes... although, they're in the process of totally redecorating a whole section of O'Hare airport right next to the display, so it may get moved at least a little bit.

Klorvin Borno
Yes... although, they're in the process of totally redecorating a whole section of O'Hare airport right next to the display, so it may get moved at least a little bit.

Do you remember if it's beyond the security checkpoint, or can you just go to the airport without a ticket and get to the area to see the display?

Do you remember if it's beyond the security checkpoint, or can you just go to the airport without a ticket and get to the area to see the display?

I think its beyond the security checkpoint.

Nice plane!!! Thanks for sharing. I know I would of been floored to see it there. I like the "Replica" MOH. Ummmm, if it was, it would be illegal. I'm sure it's a modern made version....

-Ski

I think its beyond the security checkpoint.

It is, for sure... waaaayyyyyyyy inside the terminal, between the food court and the boarding gates.