Warbirds Over the Beach 2019

B-17Guy

I hope some of you were able to attend the 2019 Virginia Beach Airshow, Warbirds Over the Beach.

Unlike last year, we had perfect weather this year!

In addition, the local FSDO granted permission to alter the old show line and we were able to fly down the tree line in front of the crowd.

Most aircraft except for the Me262 and Mosquito flew.

Many, many living history encampments, as well as our operational Flak 88 added to make this year the best ever Warbirds Over the Beach Show.

Anyone in the forum attend?

John

phantomfixer

friends of mine went...from the Capitol Wing APS...love the museum...went there a few years ago awesome what he has done...glad you had great flyin weather...one of the best kept secrets on the East Coast

• 3 weeks later...

Been meaning to post some shots, just busy busy busy! It was a great show this year, I heard the PBY caught a bug in the pitot tube on takeoff which is why it didn't go up. Would love someday to see the 262 again!

Here's a few shots. Flying ones are tough with the sun, but the take off and landing stuff is just killer, esp with the great natural background!

post-89245-0-66767800-1560359378_thumb.jpg

post-89245-0-09831700-1560359399_thumb.jpg

Wish I could have been there, but was otherwise engaged. It was pretty darn cool to see these guys flying over my house though!

Thanks for posting. I am hitched up with the Dixie Wing CAF with have a meager collection of warbirds. Great job with your line up.

Anyone coming out to see “Flying Proms” at the MAM tonight?

One of the best events of the year.