WWII WAVES Female Navy Ensign Officer Impression

WWII Legacy Girl

WWII Legacy Girl

It's taken several years and awesome friends to help me find all the pieces, but I finally have a complete WAVES officer uniform. The seersucker working uniform consists of the dress and jacket made from a lightweight seersucker material for wear during the spring/summer. Accessories include the cover (either bucket hat as I'm wearing or the garrison cap), the black tie, optional black gloves, and black oxfords or pumps.

The shoes I'm wearing are made by All Heels on Duty - https://www.allheelsonduty.com/product/black-o-a-o-oxfords/. They are the ONLY accurate and quality reproduction shoes available for WWII female impressions. They also make them in other colors for WAC, Army Nurse, WASP, and every other womens branch. I have definitely tested my shoes hard in the short time I've had them and they are amazing.

WWII plane behind me is an Army Air Corps Stinson - I actually was given a ride in it later that day!

post-162312-0-41331700-1558367335_thumb.jpg

WWII Legacy Girl

Thanks everyone! There's been a lot of awesome ladies who have greatly helped me get here that I'm very thankful to.

The Rooster

So all of the uniform is original and you got it all piece by piece? Did you get the pieces for the actual Veterans who wore them ?

And the shoes too? WW2 ? Were they donated or did you have to pay for some of the items?

WWII Legacy Girl

So all of the uniform is original and you got it all piece by piece? Did you get the pieces for the actual Veterans who wore them ?

And the shoes too? WW2 ? Were they donated or did you have to pay for some of the items?

Everything is original except the shoes. I purchased the jacket and dress from a militaria seller directly. My friend had the officer cover I needed so I traded him a WWII WAVES Chief cover for it.

These shoes are the All Heels On Duty brand. I had outgrown a couple uniforms so traded my friend who owns the company the uniforms for shoes. I've been helping her with the shoe company where I can so that's why I advertise the logo on my profile.

I would love to get uniforms donated but most of the time I pay for the items LOL.

WWII Legacy Girl

You look very WW2.

What event are you at?

Thank you! I try my best to look like the actual 40's style :) It's at the DuPage Veterans Foundation annual fundraiser for Honor Flight Chicago

I almost bought a newer issue bucket cap at a flea market recently but decided to do some research on them first. It's a neat design. I have been wanting to increase the representation of women veterans to my humble collection.

Just wondering if you do this from a personal connection, or just something you are interested in?

Mike

WWII Legacy Girl

I almost bought a newer issue bucket cap at a flea market recently but decided to do some research on them first. It's a neat design. I have been wanting to increase the representation of women veterans to my humble collection.

Just wondering if you do this from a personal connection, or just something you are interested in?

Mike

I do it from a passion for the women's service in America and have a lot of veteran friends who have been huge influences on my life.

Very nice. Maybe it is the angle from the picture, but it looks like the star on the sleeve is not aligned correctly. It should be set with one point down. Also, the WAVES officers weren't authorized the star until late 1944 so be mindful of you time period. But very nice to see WAVES depicted.

WWII Legacy Girl

Very nice. Maybe it is the angle from the picture, but it looks like the star on the sleeve is not aligned correctly. It should be set with one point down. Also, the WAVES officers weren't authorized the star until late 1944 so be mindful of you time period. But very nice to see WAVES depicted.

Thanks! I hadn't realized that about the star - I had to remove the insignia and braid to clean it and didn't realize the angle when sewing it back on. Thanks!

The outfit looks great. How was that plane ride? I haven't been in small planes often (like maybe 3 times) but I seem to remember that they shake, rattle and roll.

• 2 weeks later...
WWII Legacy Girl

The outfit looks great. How was that plane ride? I haven't been in small planes often (like maybe 3 times) but I seem to remember that they shake, rattle and roll.

Sorry, just saw this. Thanks!! The plane was AMAZING. A bit scary and first when it banked but the adrenaline thrill was beyond awesome. Definitely rattling and exhilarating!