• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

Vietnam display at Museum/Coffee Shop

Setup a Vietnam War display at Richard's Coffee Shop and Museum in Mooresville, NC. It was their 10th Anniversary today and the original founder was a Vietnam Veteran hence the the display topic. Richard's Coffee Shop is a really cool place that doubles as a coffee shop and military museum for all eras. Veterans go there to visit and on Saturdays listen to live bluegrass and country music. A really unique place! Famed journalist and Battle of La Drang veteran, Joseph Galloway, spoke at the event and signed a notecard for me. I was invited back to do a World War II display for the 75th Anniversary of D-day coming up.

Enjoy the pics,

Jacob

post-162535-0-57887300-1558212275_thumb.jpg

Check out my website: http://www.pofmilitaryantiques.com/

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Nice display you have there. I was stationed at K.I. Sawyer from 10 October 1966 till 2 Feb. 1970 when I took my discharge from active duty. I was in the 410th Supply Squadron. Many good memories of the base and some not so good. Both my kids were born at the base hospital. I DO NOT miss the UP winters tho.

Sorry, but I don't have anything to donate to your display.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Where in Mooresville is this place? On 150 or ????

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Militaria and coffee, what else could a man ask for ;)

Good one Jason. Add some REAL North Carolina Bar B Que, then a ride on Lake Norman in party boat and you will have everthing! LOL (~;

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Militaria and beer is way better.

Great set up at a very cool place.

owen

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Joe Galloway gets around.He makes a few appearances here in Georgia each year, we ( the AAHF) fly him in our UH1 helicopters from Hampton to the Coweta HS football field. Always a good time. We usually get our MVPA to ride him around the field...I am way, way to busy rebuilding helicopters for the AAHF and organizing the MVPA...worth every minute.post-180924-0-61625900-1558562559.jpeg

Nice display, I like that you included signs/labels too. So many members of the general public are trying to take in what they are seeing, and may not really know what it is they are looking at. Good job!

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif