Sharpie removal....

doyler

Captainofthe7th

This method generally works for ink in fabric. I am no professional conservationist, but have used this before on field jackets with unknown ink marks. I used a combination of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) and hairspray. One to break down and the other to 'extract.' I believe the hairspray works to breakdown because it has IPA in it. Using compressed air to blast through the fabric from the reverse also helps push the ink out into your cotton ball or rag.

Rob

Rob

Heard the hair spray use for removing adhesive and tape residue removal before.

Im guessing most of the hand sanitizer products would do the same due to the alcohol content.I carry a cheap bottle in the vehicle. It works as a waterless hand cleaner as well if you get engine grime on your hands.Also a dab on a rag or paper mechanics towel will take off sharpie from glass, plastic containers,etc.People at tag sales just write prices on the items with a sharpie or grease pencil and can be removed with a little cloth with sanitizer.

Have the Rangers remove your Sharpie?

I suppose if anybody could...

:)

Man that is funny ?

• 2 weeks later...
The Rooster

Acetone will suck up shapie ink. But test a small area first.

And dont use it on styrofoam. It will melt it.

Metals hard plastics fabric should be good.

Its used in Dry cleaning I have heard. We used to use it

in the printing industry to remove gloss laquers. Its removes sharpie as well. But test it first

small area. Acetone is available in a hardware store.

And its highly flamable and you should use in a well venilated space with eye protection and gloves.

Its the main ingrdient in normal nail polish remover. But I believe nail polish remover has oil added to it ?

So reg acetone from the hardware store is best.

Just a suggestion.

Test first.

I bet Rangers could !!!

Nothing they cant do !!!