Theater Made Knife Sheath

alloutww2

I was at a car show (against my will) and there happened to be a small flea market (when I say small I mean 10-15 tables tops) and there was a guy selling a bunch of junk. I spied a theater made knife (Ill post the actual knife later) and it came in this modified sheath.

My question is: is this a WW2 era sheath or a post war sheath? Does anyone recognize what it may belong to? Has the extra river added and the snap is missing.

(I got the knife and sheath for only $20 so I wont be disappointed if its not original era)

post-187483-0-94917000-1557781652_thumb.jpeg

post-187483-0-50963200-1557781663_thumb.jpeg

iron bender

Looks like it may be for a hunting knife similar to RH-36. The extra rivet in the throat makes me think a new blade went into it at some point and the owner cinched it up with the rivet

Looks pretty well made to be done in theater

Thats why Im thinking it belongs to another knife just modified for mine. The knife itself is very nice and well made, one of the nicer ones out there.

Be surprised how well some scabbards were made.....all types of skill levels and if they had access to supplies the out come was limited only to the maker

post-342-0-81750600-1557785977_thumb.jpg

The thing that makes me believe that its modified is because of that spare rivet- without it the knife would be very loose in the sheath

I think you've got it right about the added rivet. Now, we'd all like to see the knife.

Ill make a new thread for the knife.

Be surprised how well some scabbards were made.....all types of skill levels and if they had access to supplies the out come was limited only to the maker

attachicon.gif2019_0513RAIDERUSMC0005.JPG

So that's what happened to the buckle on my old rubber boot! ;)

Good catch! That's what that is! I looked at that, thought it was genius, but didn't tie it in with good old rubber boot buckles. Would like to see how it's secured. SKIP