Veterans Testimonial Project Display

Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would share a display I was asked to set up for a veterans testimonial project that one of my local libraries puts on. Every year they record the stories of veterans and submit them to the library of congress, then present the veterans with a copy of their video and a certificate of appreciation. The library had gotten word of my collection and asked if I could set up a small display to compliment the ceremony. The reaction I received from the veterans and their families was amazing and well worth all of the work and effort I put into it. I would highly recommend doing it if you ever get the chance. I hope you enjoy the photos.

thanks for looking,

Vic

post-113193-0-87991100-1557667316_thumb.jpg

LOVE IT!! Great Job! Sorry to see you felt the need to rope it off- but understand. I will be doing a display on Memorial Day in partnership with the Local Quilts of Valor Program. So it helps to see how others have done their displays for ideas and thoughts. Again Well Done!!

Thanks for the compliments. The “barbed wire” was actually put there at the suggestion of the library. it didn’t stop getting people from getting a good view, and people actually found it interesting, touching it to see if it was real. Good luck with your Memorial Day display. Definitely post some photos,

Very nice job and I know from experience how rewarding it is. I takes a lot of work and planning, more them most people realize but the reaction from vets and their families and the opportunity to educate people about military history is work the effort. keep up the good work!!

Robert

Robert, you are exactly right. It took months of planning. The feelings of pride and accomplishment you get the second that first veteran comes up and shakes your hand and says thank you make every second of work worth it.

• 3 weeks later...