Vietnam reenactors from Poland

Speedor

Our group was founded this year, but all its members are active collectors and reenactors for some time. We met in another group a couple of years ago which we left together in August this year to form the Cochise Raiders. Here are some pics from our reenactments. Lurp pics portray a patrol of 74th Infantry Detachment lurps of 173rd Airborne Brigade and grunt pics are from our 2/503/173 Airborne Junction City reenactment. Hope you enjoy them. More at our website www.cochiseraiders.prv.pl.

EDIT: All pictures are lost

Thumbs up!!!great job and very nice pictures : bravo.gif barzo barzo dobje ( I do not know how to write in polish,but at least the pronunciation goes more or less like that!)

surplus sammy

Great to see some more Nam guys out and about !

Thanks for the link to your site.

Poland always seems to produce the top efforts in this area.

Thanks. We try to do this as accurate as we can. I even managed to get my hands on an Olympus-PEN EE2 camera, most of the pics are shot using it.

It's spelled bardzo dobrze, but yeah, you've got the pronunciation right ;)

Most of what I have seen of the Polish reenactors have been really good.

I am particularly pleased to see that these are not covered in peace signs, have 10 million things in their helmet band, and so on.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
pwmiraldi67

Ive got to say, for a first attempt it looks really really good!!! I dont see any glaring mistakes, everyone one looks the part, no buttpacks, lots of good equipment! A+

only thing I would change is flip your XM mask bag so the button side opens inward, much easier to get at when needed. The short brim SOG 1-0 hats looks really good too.

also keep in mind, if your gonna wear the WWII era leggings, make sure your doing a CCC impression, since those were the only teams to use em, but other than that AWSOME!!!!

I wish we had a Team in So Cal that looked that good!!!!

we only have a 3 member team, heres some pix from 5+ years ago,

thanks again looking forward to more pix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

paul

post-2472-1246144488.jpg

post-2472-1246144593.jpg

pwmiraldi67

WOW!! You guys look really awsome!! well done!! looks like something right out of Plaster/Greco/Hardys books; Range Day or fun at the range!!!

Where did you all get your black boonies from? and the peace sign is awsome too!!

all you need now is a giant WAR medalion!!

also Id run alittle of that black electrical tape around the spoon and pin and tape it to itself to make a little pull tab, I'll see if I have any photos along with the water pur tabs taped to the neck of your canteens!!

I started a New SOG reenacting thread, Id like to see you guys on there your awsome!! A++

paul

post-2472-1246199872.jpg

post-2472-1246200013.jpg

nice pics folks. We plan on taking some "at the range shots at War & Peace", if we can get the PFCs working we should be able to get some brass flying...

heres two shots of my fav sog impression RT Viper curca 1969-70

maybe I should start a new thread??

:)

Paul

great jacket, wonder where that is now? :w00t:

pwmiraldi67
great jacket, wonder where that is now? :w00t:

LOL

me too!! Hey your package arrived sorry forgot to tell you, I cant get the CD to play, did you use the UK format???

oh well

paul

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks fo all the great comments.

Because we like to be versatile, here's from one of our latest photoshoots:

173rd Airborne, circa 1970.

EDIT: Pictures are lost

more coming up as soon as we'll get the PEN films developed.