Green Combat Leader stripe

GIl Sanow

Here's a recent photo of an NCO wearing the SSI and DUI of the U.S. Military Academy along with Infantry branch insignia and accoutrements (shoulder chord and branch discs). Notice he is wearing leadership tabs as well. Does the Military Academy have any tactical units or has wear of the tabs now expanded to staff personnel?

About ten years ago the "Combat Leaders Identification" became just the "Leaders Identification" and can now be worn by any platoon sergeant, squad leader etc., regardless of type of unit. You can read the order here:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/uniforms/leaders-identification-in.shtml

Justin B.

About ten years ago the "Combat Leaders Identification" became just the "Leaders Identification" and can now be worn by any platoon sergeant, squad leader etc., regardless of type of unit. You can read the order here:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/uniforms/leaders-identification-in.shtml

Justin B.

Thanks for the info.

Tabs worn by TAC officers of the Engineer Officer Candidate School at Fort Belvoir, Virginia mid-60's. The tabs are most like scarlet with white borders, the colors of the Corps of Engineers.

post-1761-0-64408400-1410199293.jpg

Here's an officer wearing green tabs with his DUI's embroidered on them.

85th Infantry, German made with out a doubt, as seen in that topic on embroided DIs on Green loops. Saites was by the way the one time skipper of How Co, 85th Infantry when it was in West Germany, maybe a little earlier at Riley, circa 1955-56.

It's a little hard to tell because this picture has been colorized, but it looks to me like this discharged Staff Sergeant is wearing a combat leader stripe below his chevrons.

post-1761-0-07530700-1410354148.jpg

Justin B.

Interestingly, here's a lieutenant of the 503rd Administration Company 3rd Armored Division detailed to the Adjutant General Corps wearing leadership tabs mid-70's, long before the regs were changed per your post.

post-1761-0-86305900-1411005318.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Leadership tabs worn by candidates of the Artillery Advanced Combat Leadership Course at For Sill around 1970.

They all seem to be new to Army, none have anything more then a NDSM, are these recent Arty AIT grads who were jumped up to E-4 Hardstripe as a prelude to being made E-5s kinda like a Arty Shake & Bake thing? Or were they E-1 or E-2 Arty AIT grads who showed promise sent to this course after AIT, and upon graduating from this course jumped up to E-4 Hardstripe?

Green leadership tabs worn by a Military Police officer in Vietnam 1972.

Unit Crests will be this one, the NCBU for the 18th MP Bde, according to Stanton, autherized 28 Feb 1967.

post-34986-0-14760300-1411873741.jpg

Maybe it's this guy here.

:

FREY TERRY C

Branch: ARMY

Rate: O02

MOS: 9110

MOS Title: Military Police Officer

Entered: 6903

Discharged: 930831

Service Number:

State: UNKNOWN

Race: CAUCASIAN

Hi all, I am very interested in the text in this particular post on the 94th ikes with leadership tabs, as I have an exact version of a leadership-tabbed 94th / 3rd Army ike. So I would like to compare them in some detail. But somehow the link does not permit me to view this content? Perhaps the link is broken? Or has something else happened? Perhaps a mod can be of assistance? Thanks, all the best!

Forum member "rams2" posted this nice 94th ID green stripe group in this forum thread:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...3&hl=combat leader&st=0

Shade

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an odd one. A Military Police lieutenant colonel (who ought to know better) wearing his leadership tabs underneath his rank insignia instead of his DUI's.

post-1761-0-25936000-1413857940.jpg

Here's an odd one. A Military Police lieutenant colonel (who ought to know better) wearing his leadership tabs underneath his rank insignia instead of his DUI's.

Not that sean, note he's pinned his rank on the loops, way off the mark I'd say. Didn't he know??? the DIs are supposed to be pinned though the leadership loops! :lol:

What were they for do you know?

I thought maybe for one of the schools. I was attending the NCO/Drill Sergeant School, but did not see them being worn by anyone there.