Type A-14b Oxygen Mask

The Rooster

The Rooster

Greetings all.

I picked this up for a display I'm building. I'm putting it with a M4A2 flack helemt

and a leather flight helmet. I was looking for opnions as to era and worth.

Meaning it was advertised as a ww2 oxygen mask and I was wondering if I overpaid or did good

at $75.00 ?

Thank you.,

post-181333-0-38973800-1557612921.jpg

post-181333-0-69542000-1557612968.jpg

Great mask but I believe the A14b is a resin mask and is post WW2. These I believe were made late 50s into the 1960s

I believe 75.00 is a fair price but mask would not be correct for WW2 era display.

The Rooster

Great mask but I believe the A14b is a resin mask and is post WW2. These I believe were made late 50s into the 1960s

I believe 75.00 is a fair price but mask would not be correct for WW2 era display.

Thank you Navy Bean. Well, I guess I should have looked before leaping....

It will do for what Im making. Any idea how long the airforce used the Flak Helmets?

The flak helmets were used by the AAF until the end of WW2. I do not believe any flak helmets for the USAAF were produced after WW2

The M4A2 was not produced after 1944 early 1945

Only time I have seen pictures of USAAF flak helmets used after WW2 in combat was by Korean War era US Army tankers

• 5 months later...

Not to change the subject on this mask, but does anyone have any info on possible or difinitive use of the A14-b / MBU-4p mask by

US Navy pilots in Korea or vietnam for low altitude ops?