Experimental USMC Desert MARPAT Jacket?

Polygon

Hey guys,

I found this odd desert MARPAT jacket that is cut like a BDU and has a blank tag along with a collar tag with some writing. Is this some kind of experimental MARPAT jacket? Also, I noticed the fabric has the EGA logo in some sections indicating it's genuine fabric at least. Aside from that, there are no other markings on the jacket.

post-187-0-48262200-1557456391_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Some knock off marpat has the EGA and USMC markings anyway. But it could be trial.

• 2 weeks later...
bravo_2_zero

I would say its trial cut for the USAF BDU in digital tiger. Its not uncommon for manufacturers to use desert cam for trial items , take the ACU for example. The Manufacturer made ACU cut uniforms in 3 colour desert ( not CCU ), this is to see manufacture easy with a lighter Camo and the camo print may not have been released or finalised.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Does it have the ABU inside pockets? I see the extra material in the pictures but not the actual pocket opening.

One other thing about the jacket is the absence of buttons for the pockets. Adds more credence to the idea it was a test version of the jacket since it doesn't look like any attempt was made to add buttons to the pockets.

post-187-0-46581500-1558332423_thumb.jpg

Martinjmpr

Our local "surplus" store sells a wide variety of "uniforms" in various camo patterns. For example there are BDU-cut uniforms in the UCP (gray/sage green) digital camo pattern, BDU cut uniforms in OCP, BDU-cut uniforms in MARPAT Green, MARPAT Desert, ACU cut uniforms in various camo schemes, etc.

Unless the uniform has some sort of history to it that leads you to believe it's actually an "experimental" model it seems more likely that it was just one of the many uniforms made by uniform manufacturers for the civilian market.

That’s a thoughtless statement

If you have handled any test pieces yiu will instantly recognize the labels instantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk