50's or 60's jump oval, what unit is it?

Tonomachi

You are probably already are aware of this but the disbanded (1963-1971) 6th Special Forces Group wore a similar oval without the yellow border and the center stripe was white not light blue.

You are probably already are aware of this but the disbanded (1963-1971) 6th Special Forces Group wore a similar oval without the yellow border and the center stripe was white not light blu

I think I did see that one, it's the only one in any of the books I have that was even close. thanks

Rakkasan187

I think it may be the 11th Pathfinder Detachment..

I found a very similar oval in the US Army Patch Book, by Barry Jason Stein, page 72a, Plate 72.

I know there are some inaccuracies with the identifications but there appears to be a similar theater made one on Bob Chats Vintage Productions site as well..

I hope this is the correct identification for you..

Best regards

Leigh

I think it may be the 11th Pathfinder Detachment..

I found a very similar oval in the US Army Patch Book, by Barry Jason Stein, page 72a, Plate 72.

I know there are some inaccuracies with the identifications but there appears to be a similar theater made one on Bob Chats Vintage Productions site as well..

I hope this is the correct identification for you..

Best regards

Leigh

the pathfinder idea got me on the right track, I did some google searching and looks like it might be the 145th pathfinder detachment of the 145th aviation bn.

Tonomachi

Yup you solved it. Here are photos of another one of these ovals I have identified as 145th Aviation Battalion Pathfinder.

post-1389-0-55334400-1557409285_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-29956100-1557409307_thumb.jpg