LRRP Rations

USARV72

post-6975-0-93060400-1557170840_thumb.jpeg

Think this is one of every LRRP ration except early one made in Okinawa using wax paper bag. We had green plastic bag ones in RVN, obtained them from S.F. guys when servicing generators, changing jeep engines or similar. IIRC, there was an individual writing a book on rations a few years ago, never heard anything else.

post-6975-0-44225000-1557171136.jpeg

Main course, every one we tried was excellent. Just add hot/ warm water. You could just sit a canteen cup with water in it on turret or top of 113 and it would be hot in 15-20 minutes, unless during monsoon. Hears SF guys in the fireld would simply put main course bag under their arm as they moved , would be warm in 30 minutes or so. Some of you all know.

oldfireguy

When I was stationed on Ft. Lewis I used to have to go to the Yakima Firing Center for weeks on end out in the field. I was a communications guy so we would get put on a ridge top and given several cases of C-rats to eat for three meals a day. We would always watch where the Rangers would drop in and go track them down to swap C rats for LRRPS. The got tired of eating those just like we got tired of C's. I don't remember them being so bad and they made a nice change.

Found an earlier LRRP ration accessory pack, little smaller. IIRC this is from a late RVN ration, had many in late 70s, son and I ate some camping. Had to be pretty good for a 6 year old to eat, lol.post-6975-0-13126800-1557269883_thumb.jpeg