7th Infantry CPT's Helmet - with Leadership Stripe.

GSP

I bought it in September, of 2018. I got it for a decent enough price that at the very minimum, I have a nice commemorative/decorative piece. It was my personal belief at the time, and I still believe it's a possibility however based on feedback it is highly unlikely. That it was a garrison helmet if that makes sense, upon re-inspection of the liner it's marked Micarta 1955, and the liner is painted in typical "garrison" style with a glossy olive drab. The paint seems rather smooth, much like paint of the era. The chin strap hardware is also 1960s, however as others have pointed out it appears the chin strap is a reproduction. My personal theory at the time, was it was worn in the 1950s-1960s, or 1970s by someone who was not deployed to Vietnam and was probably assigned to a desk job or something of the sort, based off of the large leadership stripe and very large 7th Infantry Insignia.

It seems like it was common during the time period to paint very large leadership stripes. I'm sure a lot of people here have seen the photograph, but it shows off a lot of very interesting helmets, as well.

post-215053-0-26780000-1557333264.gif

post-215053-0-22381500-1557333311.jpg