Cool Stuff at a Truck Stop

Broadsword_7

Broadsword_7

(1) Photographed May 2019. If anyone can I.D. these vehicles feel free to, (most I don't know). Also welcome to post any vehicles you've just happened to find anywhere.

post-177309-0-68028900-1557017124_thumb.jpg

Interesting stuff. GSB= Group Support Battalion, thus the 19 would make it the support battalion for 19th Special Forces Group.

Broadsword_7

Definitely a convoy stopped overnight at the Hotel adjacent to the Truck Stop. Here's another photo of the Polaris Defense MRZR. Who besides Special Forces uses these?

post-177309-0-14763200-1557035659_thumb.jpg

you also have a HEMMT from an engineer unit and a HMMWV from a Quartermaster unit. In addition there is a PLS tractor, several LMTV's and an older 900 series tractor with a lowboy trailer. The majority are HEMMT variants for fuel and a wrecker or LMTV's. Scott

The Meatcan

Interesting photos! Is it standard practice for military fuel trucks to be parked within their own portable spill-containment cell? (not sure what it’s actually called) Seems like a good idea.

Terry

Interesting photos! Is it standard practice for military fuel trucks to be parked within their own portable spill-containment cell? (not sure what it’s actually called) Seems like a good idea.

Terry

I don't know if it's standard practice, but having had to purchase containment for oil storage at my facilities, that's what I was first drawn to. The vehicles were nice, but my mind first thought, "hey, that's some really nice containment they have there..." :D :D