jasonm

M42 Rigger Modified Pants.

I picked these pants up last week with a M43 Field jacket and a M38 Parson Jacket. All were mixed I with a group of 50's-60's era Hunting jackets & coats. I bought the whole lot fro the military items. Both jackets are good but I am looking for some help on the pants. I've got a call in with the auctioneer to see if I can get some info on the estate they all come from. What I do know are these are M42's with the missing tag on the hip pocket and QM tag on the inside front pocket. I am looking for assistance on the rigger pockets. KW? WWII? Repro? Thanks in advance. jason

post-12853-0-99042700-1556993332.jpg

post-12853-0-19485600-1556993351.jpg

Could be a tough call.(not having them in hand) these can be a minefield and heard Brooks Bush made copies back in the 80s that are scary good.

The M43 trousers look WW2 period and were a common base for adding the pockets by parachute maintenance (riggers)

I have a set from a 101st vet that have added knee patches too.Another set that maybe 17th Abn related

The canvas material for pockets looks to be the type I have seen as used.Does it have a odor of treated feel to it?

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Pockets smell like a surplus store and the pockets do feel as if they been treated with something.

I think they might be good, Ive has a few sets before myself. The hard part is dating them all the sets Ive had were done post war. Not to say these ones arent WW2

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

Smell and sticky fabric is Mildew Resitant Treatment, “Old Army Surplus Store Smell”. Converted M-43 pants to para pants look good, as Ron said need to have them in hand. Good point is they came with a bunch of old hunting clothes...

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

Strange to not see the leg ties folded over and just sewn down flat with raw edges.

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

Always looking for Vietnam War US Special Forces/MACV-SOG jungle shirts/uniforms and OG107 Shirts/uniforms.

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Here is the M43 jacket that was with the pants....

post-12853-0-79556300-1557068765.jpg

post-12853-0-30790500-1557068792.jpg

Nice wartime jacket that obviously had an 82nd patch on it. Nice set!

I will pay top dollar for original WWII items pertaining to:

OSS

OSS Maritime Unit

NCDU

UDT

Scouts and Raiders

FSSF