M42 Rigger Modified Pants.

jasonm

I picked these pants up last week with a M43 Field jacket and a M38 Parson Jacket. All were mixed I with a group of 50's-60's era Hunting jackets & coats. I bought the whole lot fro the military items. Both jackets are good but I am looking for some help on the pants. I've got a call in with the auctioneer to see if I can get some info on the estate they all come from. What I do know are these are M42's with the missing tag on the hip pocket and QM tag on the inside front pocket. I am looking for assistance on the rigger pockets. KW? WWII? Repro? Thanks in advance. jason

post-12853-0-99042700-1556993332.jpg

post-12853-0-19485600-1556993351.jpg

Could be a tough call.(not having them in hand) these can be a minefield and heard Brooks Bush made copies back in the 80s that are scary good.

The M43 trousers look WW2 period and were a common base for adding the pockets by parachute maintenance (riggers)

I have a set from a 101st vet that have added knee patches too.Another set that maybe 17th Abn related

The canvas material for pockets looks to be the type I have seen as used.Does it have a odor of treated feel to it?

Pockets smell like a surplus store and the pockets do feel as if they been treated with something.

I think they might be good, Ive has a few sets before myself. The hard part is dating them all the sets Ive had were done post war. Not to say these ones arent WW2

Smell and sticky fabric is Mildew Resitant Treatment, “Old Army Surplus Store Smell”. Converted M-43 pants to para pants look good, as Ron said need to have them in hand. Good point is they came with a bunch of old hunting clothes...