Fort Pitt Beer

Barbasol

At the recently held militaria fair in Ciney, I bought this amazing beer botle. Still closed and filled with beer. This is one of the beers the GI's drank in the Rest Centers. The Rest Centers were spread out in the region I live in, so was Rolduc Abbey in Kerkrade the Netherlands a well-know Rest Center (and there is some footage of it).

post-213853-0-76844700-1556976735_thumb.jpg

That is really cool :) I remember my grandfather talking about drinking Fort Pitt during the war. I'd love to find a bottle one of these days. Great find!

-Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

The building still stands in Sharpsburg Pa. You can view it when your on route 28 North East of Pittsburgh

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW King802 that is a very nice bottle of beer. Me is advised NOT to drink the beer. I think it would taste awfull after 70+ years..

A friend was helping his parents move, and they found a can of Pabst from around the time he was born (1979 or so). He drank it and lived, but I don't think the flavor was all there!

WOW King802 that is a very nice bottle of beer. Me is advised NOT to drink the beer. I think it would taste awfull after 70+ years..

General Apathy

Wartime Beer bottle . . . . . . . .

we would all like to find full bottles but sometimes its a case of taking an empty one one they come along. Heres a 12 fluid ounce Muehlebach's Pilsner, brewed in Kansas City, bottom of the bottle is dated 1943.

regards lewis

.post-344-0-24403100-1567873177_thumb.jpeg

A little off topic, but I once had a grouping to a Coast Guard guy that was at D-Day. He carried a bottle of Old Grand dad whiskey with him and wrote the names of all his port calls on the bottle. On July 4th 2004 I opened that bottle up, best whiskey I have ever had.

That aged liquor has a flavor all its own. Purty rare bottle there nowadays!

A little off topic, but I once had a grouping to a Coast Guard guy that was at D-Day. He carried a bottle of Old Grand dad whiskey with him and wrote the names of all his port calls on the bottle. On July 4th 2004 I opened that bottle up, best whiskey I have ever had.