1942 Musette bag

cerick1450

cerick1450

Hello

just picked this bag up. It is dated 1942, and the strap is 1943. It all looked good to me, except the original owners family took a permant marked and scratched out the owners name. I do not think it is a service number, but a name and address.

Does the bag and strap look good?

Should I attempt to clean off the permanent marker?

Thanks

post-13198-0-12620100-1556917388.jpg

post-13198-0-37027100-1556917395.jpg

I love the manufacturing mark, never saw that one before.

Too bad about the marker. Unless someone has a really good way of taking it off, it's probably best to leave it alone. I'd hate to make a big mess of it.

Mikie

Its original.

The address may have been more a post war thing.See it on stuff used by Boy Scouts or kids school bag bought as surplus.

I love the manufacturing mark, never saw that one before.

Too bad about the marker. Unless someone has a really good way of taking it off, it's probably best to leave it alone. I'd hate to make a big mess of it.

Mikie

The maker LUCE (Loochie) was a fairly well know WW2 contractor.Will see the carbine pouches made by them as well.

Its original.

The address may have been more a post war thing.See it on stuff used by Boy Scouts or kids school bag bought as surplus.

The marking has some style to it. I'll need to keep an eye out for it.

Mikie

TheGrayGhost

Nice bag. Definitely one of my favorite maker marks.

I would leave it alone, it’s under the flap where it’s not really visible. Any attempt to clean it might cause it to bleed through and stain the outside.

cerick1450

Thank you for the help. I have to agree, I do not want the ink to bleed out to the front surface..

Like the maker mark too. I would leave the bag the way it is. It is part of its history and it is still in great shape. I would be happy to own it in the condition it is in.

Rene

Nice bag, as others have stated, leave it alone, its history. LUCE mfg lots of .30 Cal. Carbine mag. pouches as Ron posted. Years ago knew a collector that collected every mfg of pouches, had boxes of them.