WWI Experimental Fords Model 8 Recently Found

Painted Lid

Painted Lid

That is a large show. What did the collectors / dealers have to say that inspected it in hand at the show? I would think they would've been able to answer your concerns one way or the other?

Everyone at the show confirmed it as authentic and there were plenty of folks that were familiar with it and the history of it. Was a very big show and quite crowded. Hard to see the tables in the crowd , but I don't think there was another one there.

Painted Lid

Painted Lid

since you have received some expert advice, dont let anybody try to tell you it's not worth much or try and low ball you into selling it

the guys at the show probably did the old it's not worth much routine or it's only worth how much a person would pay, or the market is slow right now so I can only give you a couple hundred bucks, or tell you it's just an old WW2 flak helmet for bomber crews, etc, dont let them fool you.

Thank you Bolo for the advice. There was actually only one person at the show who tried that routine on me. Everyone else that knew what it was and talked with me about it seemed to be very honest with their opinions. It was nice to show it to folks who had not seen one before and actually feel confident I was able to tell them about the model 8 history and not spread misinformation.

Painted Lid