Vintage model airplane boxes

thunderw21

thunderw21

Is there any general interest in old model boxes? I have 2-3 dozen from the '60s and '70s that are mostly empty that I need to get rid of. Do folks actually collect them?

manayunkman

Models that they didn't make a lot of bring the most.

What model companies?

manayunkman

1950-69 Aurora, Revell and Limberg are the ines selling and they don't sell for much

1950-69 Aurora, Revell and Limberg are the ines selling and they don't sell for much

I think he has empty boxes...no models

I might be interested in some of them. Do you have any pictures of them that you could post?

Ditto. Im looking for a couple of boxes for the Aurora screw together models. In particular the B-25 Dog Daze and the Fokker D-VII. If you could post some photos of what you have, it would help.

• 7 months later...

A deceased Iraqi vet friend of mine passed away leaving about 25 assembled aircraft and tanks, many large ones ( much bigger than 1/35). In addition, he has many unassembled in boxes. I told his daughter who has no interest I would find a home for them at the Legion and a few other vet organizations. It will require about a 13 hour drive plus car rental, about $500 in costs. My question, is there any hope I can recoup some costs in selling these boxed ones perhaps on eBay? ...the assembled ones- some to my war room, most to the Legion and other museum type organizations ( they are interested in donations of these), along with a plaque honoring his service. See pics of boxed ones. All comments appreciated. post-180924-0-59746500-1575579446_thumb.jpeg