I have been looking into buying a HBT jacket/shirt for an armored division officier in the field impression, coming ashore a couple of days after the Normandy invasion.
So I wondered

1) Did Officers (Mayor) use them in the field?
2) If so, what for insignes woud there be on it?

After some googling I found this picture from a auction site: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/army-major-world-war-ii-hbt-shirt-51425102

army-major-world-war-ii-hbt-shirt_1_c931

The site says " US ARMY MAJOR WORLD WAR II HBT SHIRT JACKET"

The shirt to me looks like an early HBT. Only the insignes look to me as if post war.

But I am no expert en and there for I ask you people, what do you think is it WW2, is it normal to have a big US army label on it and what is the white stripe for, is it the same kind of stripe as officers would have had on the back of their helmets, is there supposed to be a name on there or is it a modern velcro?

307a4b122668e5ebbb4508e41dd70db6.jpg0307f41236bd3793bd927111746b6ccf.jpg
Info:
Folkert van Wijk,

First mdl HBT jacket, unsure when rank and tapes were added, not WWII but could have been used post Korea. Officers could just about wear what they wanted as long as CO did’nt say no back then.

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

I have been looking into buying a HBT jacket/shirt for an armored division officier in the field impression, coming ashore a couple of days after the Normandy invasion.

So I wondered

1) Did Officers (Mayor) use them in the field?

2) If so, what for insignes woud there be on it?

The shirt to me looks like an early HBT. Only the insignes look to me as if post war.

But I am no expert en and there for I ask you people, what do you think is it WW2, is it normal to have a big US army label on it and what is the white stripe for, is it the same kind of stripe as officers would have had on the back of their helmets, is there supposed to be a name on there or is it a modern velcro?

A major in an armored unit might wear pin-on or no insignia at all I would think (find WW2 vintage major and armored officer insignia for the collar). Maybe add a pair of binoculars and a map case.

The sewn-on rank/branch, nametape (white with ink stamped last name which has faded out) and black and gold "US ARMY" tape on this coat are correct for the mid 1950s to mid 1960s.

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif