M6 bayonet with M8A1 scabbard

Story

Pretty standard, unsharpened MILPAR M6 with scabbard and completely unmarked belt.

A second MILPAR has a sharpened blade.

They belonged to a former Marine who was a sniper in Vietnam. Still processing the stories he shared.

meYuUXl.jpg?1

Misfit 45

Very nice. Does either M6 have a DAS mark on the crossguard. Some did and some didn't.

Marv

That's a Marine specific web belt as I recall with the center snaps along the length of it. Nice bayonet, even better with the vet's history!

That's a Marine specific web belt as I recall with the center snaps along the length of it. Nice bayonet, even better with the vet's history!

The belt was used with the single M14 mag pouches which was as stated a USMC specific set up.

You'er going to find Milpar M6's both with and without DAS stamps. That will give a general idea of when it was made.

Can you take a close up of the sheath? I'm curious about the dark (black?) metal throat of the sheath.

It maybe a trick of the light in the picture. However I have quite a few PWH sheaths with at least one example of each of the different marking variants. Non of them look as dark as the handles of my M6 bayonets.

The belt was used with the single M14 mag pouches which was as stated a USMC specific set up.

Thanks, and that's enlightening.

You'er going to find Milpar M6's both with and without DAS stamps. That will give a general idea of when it was made.

Can you take a close up of the sheath? I'm curious about the dark (black?) metal throat of the sheath.

Pardon the delay in answering your request.

CoVUHaV.jpg

The sharpened M6

SqnIdIt.jpg