Well-Used PASGT from 2006 Iraq Deployment

AnDuc49

This is as PASGT that I was able to pick up cheaply recently. While it's a bit "plain", it more than makes up for it in character. Coming out of Washington State, the seller told me that he bought it off of a medic based at Ft. Lewis who used it during his 2006 tour in Iraq.

The helmet is completely filthy and shows signs of hard usage. There's some dark residue on the front where the insignia is which I think was left over from when the soldier probably had a velcro tab for his rank insignia. Inside the liner beneath the suspension, the soldier has tucked in a small choco-chip towel which I imagine would've been used as a bandanna/sweat rag or for extra padding

Overall, a really nice early OIF piece. Hope you all like it

post-154926-0-16890000-1556563666_thumb.jpg

There's really no reason why it couldn't be from a 2006 deployment. Several Army units went to Iraq in 2005 and stayed until 2006 still sporting the DCU uniforms and PASGT helmets, especially if they were a National Guard unit. The 891st Engineer Battalion in Kansas deployed 2005-2006 with this combo.

There's really no reason why it couldn't be from a 2006 deployment. Several Army units went to Iraq in 2005 and stayed until 2006 still sporting the DCU uniforms and PASGT helmets, especially if they were a National Guard unit. The 891st Engineer Battalion in Kansas deployed 2005-2006 with this combo.

Agreed. I have an 891st used PASGT from that deployment. It is the same as the OP's except for an updated suspension.

Concur as well. I have a PASGT with UCP cover that was used in '07. He was assigned to the Humanitarian Operations Center in Kuwait, but ran missions in to Iraq and Horn of Africa.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Maybe it is from a 2006 deployment, my reasoning for saying it was earlier is not just because it is a pasgt, but also because it has black velcro, glint tape, 6 color do-rag, and no nvg mount, the sum of all that seems earlier than 2006 to me. In general black velcro gave way to tan velcro, glint tape changed to IR squares, do-rags started being made in 3 color, and units got NVGs, and from what I have seen NCOs got them first.

Anyways, nice helmet, too bad it is going to be hard to find the soldier with such a common name.