• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WWII Americal Division Collection

I saw Jasons 100th Division collection and I realized I hadnt show my Americal collection yet.post-163795-0-58859300-1556378324.jpegpost-163795-0-01398200-1556378335.jpeg

Uniform of 1st Sgt Robert W Tait, served in the Americal Div HQ in the Guadalcanal and Bougainville campaigns.

Looking for WWII Americal Division and 147th Infantry Regiment Uniforms and anything relating to the Army on Guadalcanal.

donation2018.gifimage.png.eeda3e0d45132eb99f4dd8b07fd60103.pngdonation2020.gif

post-163795-0-41261200-1556378849.jpg

Unnamed khaki shirt with Japanese ranks.

post-163795-0-37920300-1556378882.jpg

Bronze Star named to V i c t o r H A n d e r s o n J r who served in E Company 164th Infantry on Bougainville and the Philippines. The Good Conduct medal is named to A n t o n i o P a s s a r e l l i who served in the 182nd Infantry Regiment.

Looking for WWII Americal Division and 147th Infantry Regiment Uniforms and anything relating to the Army on Guadalcanal.

This is a really nice collection, Ive always looked for Americal stuff but your collection takes the cake in terms of finding some awesome uniforms from that division which isnt common to find. Excellent collection all around!!

This is a really nice collection, Ive always looked for Americal stuff but your collection takes the cake in terms of finding some awesome uniforms from that division which isnt common to find. Excellent collection all around!!

Thanks, many of them have come from my wanted add on the forum and a few from fellow collectors at shows.

Great collection! Like Ant1942 said, these dont show up everyday like some other units so its special when you find one.

Yeah most I find are unnamed, I guess a lot of soldiers coming home at the end of the war did not mark names or laundry numbers.

Yeah most I find are unnamed, I guess a lot of soldiers coming home at the end of the war did not mark names or laundry numbers.

I know the feeling. Usually you'll find a laundry mark and if you are lucky you might be able to cross reference it with the enlistment records and division roster but sometimes not. I have a 100th Ike that has a great bullion 7th army patch, german made DUIs and a rare enamel ribbon bar. Unfortunately, of course it has no name, laundry mark, or any marking at all. Because of the higher rank I think I can narrow it down to 50 or so guys but that's about as close as I'll come to ID'ing it. ID or not, it's still a great piece.

I know the feeling. Usually you'll find a laundry mark and if you are lucky you might be able to cross reference it with the enlistment records and division roster but sometimes not. I have a 100th Ike that has a great bullion 7th army patch, german made DUIs and a rare enamel ribbon bar. Unfortunately, of course it has no name, laundry mark, or any marking at all. Because of the higher rank I think I can narrow it down to 50 or so guys but that's about as close as I'll come to ID'ing it. ID or not, it's still a great piece.

I am actually starting on an Americal roster. I have over 1000 names typed so far.

Good luck, that is quite the undertaking but will be an invaluable resource

Yeah, I just need to order some divisional and regimental general orders.

I really like that one with the WWI overseas chevrons.

Awesome you started this thread.

Yeah that one has a laundry number but I narrowed the whole list down and didn't find anything. I assume that his listing is missing since he was from illinois.

I also agree with JasonT, sometimes the coolest uniforms with all the fancy ribbons/awards are sometimes unnamed and or hard to ID. I think everyone here can agree that they either have or have had one of those uniforms in the collection at some point.

I also agree with JasonT, sometimes the coolest uniforms with all the fancy ribbons/awards are sometimes unnamed and or hard to ID. I think everyone here can agree that they either have or have had one of those uniforms in the collection at some point.

Yeah I hope I am able to ID the 132nd uniform.