Parish Reading WW2 Helmet

Double_Canister

Double_Canister

The guy I got it from said it belonged to his grandfather which according to an obituary he sent to me, served as a military policeman in the ETO from 1942-1945. It had a helmet net with a camo band and a late war liner. The chinstraps are standard OD 7 but are too short to fit around the back of the helmet. It is marked P3 above one of the chinstrap bales.

post-176749-0-20974600-1556232635.jpg

post-176749-0-09402000-1556232643.jpg

post-176749-0-73423900-1556232651.jpg

post-176749-0-95675300-1556232657.jpg

• 2 months later...
thunderbolts45

Very cool. Did the guy you got it from give you any info about the vet who wore it, like what unit he was with, or even a picture?

• 2 weeks later...
Double_Canister

Very cool. Did the guy you got it from give you any info about the vet who wore it, like what unit he was with, or even a picture?

I got an obituary. Apparently the guy was a MP in Italy and enlisted in 1942.

• 2 weeks later...
Captain Woody

Absolute gem of a piece. Hope I'm not stepping out of line by asking, but if you were at all interested in selling the piece I'd love to talk. I apologize for begging on your thread, gonna go back to admiring it

Double_Canister

Absolute gem of a piece. Hope I'm not stepping out of line by asking, but if you were at all interested in selling the piece I'd love to talk. I apologize for begging on your thread, gonna go back to admiring it

I apologize but it has already been sold. I resolved to keep it for a while but then I stumbled upon a first pattern M1955 Vest and acquired it without selling a kidney. So I kind of spiraled into building up a Vietnam USMC Display from there.