Purple Heart Grouping

ZeroAlpha

post-151300-0-68781700-1556163180.jpgI've had this for almost a year, but have not been active on the forum lately because of work demands. I rediscovered it the other day not long after I had been reconnecting to the forum, and thought this was too cool not to share. My brother and I have a consignment store in SC that specializes in hunting, fishing and outdoor sports, but also have a selection of antiques, collectibles, and military surplus / collectibles. One day a couple came by wanting to sell some things they had inherited that didn't mean too much to them, but they were hoping they'd find a home with someone who appreciated them more. Among the things they brought was this amazing Purple Heart grouping, including the burial flag and all correspondence. I wasn't in when they came by, but they left the items for us to look at and said that they'd be back in a day or so, and exchanged contact information. After seeing the items the next day, I called and asked them if they were sure this was something they wanted to part with. They assured me that the medal and all associated items were from a distant relative they had never met, and they weren't much into military things anyway. I told my brother to purchase the estate when they returned.

post-151300-0-79927800-1556161783.jpg

post-151300-0-75084500-1556163628.jpgIt was a complete grouping, from burial flag, notification letters, purple heart in original shipping box, and some photos.

post-151300-0-22673200-1556164322.jpg

The 109th belonged to the Bloody Bucket: The 28th Infantry Division, which was torn up in the Hurtgen Forest.