Purple Heart Grouping

post-151300-0-68781700-1556163180.jpgI've had this for almost a year, but have not been active on the forum lately because of work demands. I rediscovered it the other day not long after I had been reconnecting to the forum, and thought this was too cool not to share. My brother and I have a consignment store in SC that specializes in hunting, fishing and outdoor sports, but also have a selection of antiques, collectibles, and military surplus / collectibles. One day a couple came by wanting to sell some things they had inherited that didn't mean too much to them, but they were hoping they'd find a home with someone who appreciated them more. Among the things they brought was this amazing Purple Heart grouping, including the burial flag and all correspondence. I wasn't in when they came by, but they left the items for us to look at and said that they'd be back in a day or so, and exchanged contact information. After seeing the items the next day, I called and asked them if they were sure this was something they wanted to part with. They assured me that the medal and all associated items were from a distant relative they had never met, and they weren't much into military things anyway. I told my brother to purchase the estate when they returned.

post-151300-0-79927800-1556161783.jpg

donation2015.gif

Source: WWII Army Enlistment Website

g1.jpg

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Source: Find-A-Grave

g3.jpg

g2.jpg

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

Source: Fold3

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

g6.jpg

g7.jpg

Source: FamilySearch.org

g8.jpg

g9.jpg

g10.jpg

RIP SSgt. Baxley.

Great group. Thanks for posting and preserving.

Pvt. James H. Honey 1st Md. Eastern shore Vol. Inf. Co. D (union) Gettysburg
Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif