Purchasing through the USMC PX

JesseJames

I was ready to buy a bunch of poncho liners yesterday through an auction, but it ended up selling for 4X more than I was willing to spend. After doing the math, whoever bought them paid $49 per for used surplus poncho liners.

I believe they cost 37 and some change brand new to replace through the usmc, but i'm wondering if they can be purchased now days at the exchange or elsewhere? I'm only interested in the MARPAT liners, ACU seems to be readily available.

• 1 month later...

MARPT poncho liners are available at the MCX here at Lejeune, however they along with all the other issue field gear are tagged as 782 and are only available for Active Duty or Reserve purchase. My retired ID does not allow me to buy. When I really want a item I slip a few $ to a Marine in line and let him buy it for me.

MARPT poncho liners are available at the MCX here at Lejeune, however they along with all the other issue field gear are tagged as 782 and are only available for Active Duty or Reserve purchase. My retired ID does not allow me to buy. When I really want a item I slip a few $ to a Marine in line and let him buy it for me.

This is true at every MCX. If you want to pay retail, you have to find someone on base to pick it up for you, or scour craigslist around bases and hope for some cheap used ones.

I don't think they sell them here at Quantico...not much gear is issued here. But I could be wrong, I also don't get to the exchange that often

No Go on poncho liners at Quantico BX. I was just there 1 JUN 19 and didn't see any.

Not much field gear there.

AZ Abn