ACH with Massive Grouping from OIF-OEF Vet

AnDuc49

Hello all,
I was fortunate enough to pick up this massive grouping a couple of days ago from a seller in Florida. According to the seller, he had received the items from a mutual friend that he and the vet shared.
Although I was mainly interested in the helmet, the grouping, for the grand price of $125, was just too good to pass up. From what I was told, the grouping belonged to a Sgt. Timothy McVey (no relation to the Oklahoma Bomber) who served several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan where about 60% of the items were used and brought back. Though the seller had no clue of McVey's unit, I believe he might've been in the 82nd ABN Div. as his jacket shows that he has the CIB and is Airborne Qualified. As his beret flash has the emblem of the 81st RSC based in Ft. Jackson, SC., I guess that he was in the 82nd due to the close proximity of Ft. Jackson from Ft. Benning.
All in all though, the grouping includes:
- ACH with ESS Goggles
- Kuwait Beanie
- x3 Polar Fleece Beanies
- ACU Soft Cover with E-4 Rank
- Beret with Flash for 81st RSC
- ACU Jacket w/ CIB and ABN Qualification Patches
- Lightweight MOLLE Fighting Load Carrier (includes original bandages, first aid kit, etc.)
- x1 20rd M16 Magazine
- ACU Molle Backpack
- ACU Camelbak
- DCU Camelbak
- ACU Trousers
- Knee Pads
- Combat Boots (Shaving Razor tucked inside)
- Small Compression Sack with ACU Blanket
- Notebook with Protective Case
- NCO Guidebook (Rank Insignia Patch and Life/Death Card tucked inside)
- Multi-purpose Tool
There's just so much that I wasn't able to photograph it all. I did try to display his uniform and gear on a mannequin (though I have no clue if I attached the equipment and all properly)
Hope you all like it as much as I do!

post-154926-0-84949500-1556062845_thumb.jpg

Great score! I really like it. I ve got a similar manequin setup, the Main difference is the OTV vest instead of the bearing load vest. And of course, mine is a put together display without any provenance.

That's a steal of a deal!

Great score! I really like it. I ve got a similar manequin setup, the Main difference is the OTV vest instead of the bearing load vest. And of course, mine is a put together display without any provenance.

Thank you both for the compliments!

I only wish I could find out more info about the vet and where it was used. It seems too often that these sets come without much info about those that used them.

Hopefully, there'll be some more info in his little notebook. I did see him mention Camp Adder in Iraq, but his handwriting is a bit hard to read sometimes