Pearl Harbor USS Utah Flag

jlg74

I saw this flag on eBay the other day and was wondering if any one had and info on these flags. Were any others made with ships at Pearl Harbor? This is the first time I have ever seen one like this. I know there was one made that said Remember Pearl Harbor Dec 7 1941.

post-6252-0-53635300-1556062303.jpg

Rakkasan187

Looks like a fantasy piece.. Plus if I am seeing it right Harbor is misspelled HORBOR..

Could you provide a link to the listing

Leigh

With the gold fringe, it would not have been flown from a mast.

Whether this was a wardroom flag or one in the captain's quarters, that might explain it's history. But apparently there are no US Navy issue markings on it.

But there is also something odd about the dimensions of this flag. From the photos, it does not look wide enough. And it would seem odd that anyone associated with the Navy would misspell "harbor".

I am guessing if there is any age to this flag at all it was made for commemorative purposes after the event.

What a strange flag...looks like it's about 12 inches or so short of a normal flag. With the HORBOR mispelling, I highly doubt anyone would have created this as a formal military flag. Maybe something made by a family of someone who was killed on the ship to commemorate them? Who knows. Without provenance, it's an odd sized 48 star flag with writing on it. Value? Far less than it sold for in my opinion...

Just speculation, but perhaps it was damaged and it was shortened for presentation purposes?

It may just be the photo, but there appears to be some discoloration in the upper right of the flag.

Sadly, without any back up documentation, it just does not have a whole lot of value.

The square shape looks like an infantry regimental, but that size seems wrong-too small. Could be a tag in the sleeve.

• 4 weeks later...
turmanator

Maybe because of the shape but it looks odd that there is the blue area void of stars. Probably because it doesnt have the white bunting around it