WWII cold weather head gear

Doyler,

Would you be so kind as to post a pic? It would make my Christmas come early!

HawkDriver,

Sorry cant post a pic til I get a new camera.Craigs post #17 is the item I spoke of.I sent ya a pm as I may have an extra in the tombs.

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Criag. Great variety and condition as always. I will add the pile cap and the lambskin cap to the thread here. First the Lambskin cap.

post-299-1230156324.jpg

post-299-1230156333.jpg

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

Let's not forget the tanker winter helmet. This one mint with cutters tags.

post-299-1230156675.jpg

post-299-1230156688.jpg

post-299-1230156704.jpg

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his country" George Pattons speech to the Third Army.

donation2008.gif

Craig, FYI. I have an absolutely dentical Chamois face Mask to the one you posted. It also has a washed out intact QM tag and the eye holes are not cut out. Obviously not issued, unless there was an all blind WWII regiment. Now who the dickens would have washed these enough to hose the QM tags. Probably done when they were surplused.

Bob

donation2008.gif

Hood, Wool, OD, Special (also called Protective)

This is the gas hood but was also used for cold weather protection.

Craig,this is the hood that could be buttoned up with the HBT shirt neck? I see the two buttons sluts on the flap.

Thanks for any advice.

Your never ending collection is AMAZING!!!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

ALLWAYS LOOKING FOR EX-48 COLD WEATHER ITEMS!

Craig,this is the hood that could be buttoned up with the HBT shirt neck? I see the two buttons sluts on the flap.

Thanks for any advice.

Your never ending collection is AMAZING!!!!

Yes, you are right. It could be buttoned up with HBT (Or standart shirt, both have two buttons on the flap). HBT shirt and trousers treated with CC2 chloroamide + the hood served as protective clothing.

• 1 month later...