WWII cold weather head gear

hawkdriver

Doyler,

Would you be so kind as to post a pic? It would make my Christmas come early!

HawkDriver,

Sorry cant post a pic til I get a new camera.Craigs post #17 is the item I spoke of.I sent ya a pm as I may have an extra in the tombs.

RON

dogfacedsoldier

About the only things I see missing are the face masks, both the blue and white versions. I have both, but have trouble sizing the photos.

Jon

craig_pickrall

Jon, if you send them to me just as they came from the camera I will edit and post them for you.

Craig, FYI. I have an absolutely dentical Chamois face Mask to the one you posted. It also has a washed out intact QM tag and the eye holes are not cut out. Obviously not issued, unless there was an all blind WWII regiment. Now who the dickens would have washed these enough to hose the QM tags. Probably done when they were surplused.

Bob

Hood, Wool, OD, Special (also called Protective)

This is the gas hood but was also used for cold weather protection.

Craig,this is the hood that could be buttoned up with the HBT shirt neck? I see the two buttons sluts on the flap.

Thanks for any advice.

Your never ending collection is AMAZING!!!!

Craig,this is the hood that could be buttoned up with the HBT shirt neck? I see the two buttons sluts on the flap.

Thanks for any advice.

Your never ending collection is AMAZING!!!!

Yes, you are right. It could be buttoned up with HBT (Or standart shirt, both have two buttons on the flap). HBT shirt and trousers treated with CC2 chloroamide + the hood served as protective clothing.

• 1 month later...