Marine Brodie helmet

Doodlebewi

I picked this up recently as I was intrigued by the EGA on the front. The hole is punched not drilled. EGA looks 20s 30s no maker. Looks kinda like a Meyer maybe? On a british brodie. Inside looks like it has chinese or something not sure.

Would like to know what you guys think. Want to.make sure I dont pass on anything questionable. Excuse the photos they're not the greatest.

post-160151-0-51878900-1556053164_thumb.jpg

Sorry missed it in the description, this is definitely not WW1, the helmet is WW1 but this was not done during the period. If I had to guess it was done in the 40s/50s

SGT CHIP SAUNDERS

NO EXPERT . The EGA looks almost new, and the paint looks like a modern type of latex. Are . the " chinese" markings

magic marker or paint ??

jeremiahcable

The EGA is a 1937 pattern enlisted EGA. The "Chinese" characters look like HANK with paint runs. Probably a vet's helmet that got repainted by kids or grandkids for use playing "soldiers".

The EGA is a 1937 pattern enlisted EGA. The "Chinese" characters look like HANK with paint runs. Probably a vet's helmet that got repainted by kids or grandkids for use playing "soldiers".

Your exactly right, now that i look at the name again its definitely Hank

Drilled vs. punched doesn't really mean anything anymore, if it ever did. There's a seller on ebay (cart32tfs) who has been punching holes in nice m1917s and adding EGAs for years now.