fixed bail named navy m1 with first inland liner

shadawg

I recently got this helmet and I love it for a few reasons. First of all, that it is a very dark blue painted usn fixed bail, second that it is my first and likely only Inland liner I will own, and last that it has a flat buckle chin strap that looked broken in the listing pictures, but is completely sound and soft. I've run into several m1's for good prices lately, but this one takes the cake. I haven't checked the name too thoroughly, but the seller was Quebecois, and I'm pretty sure that it is a french name, so i've been trying to see if there are any Canadian citizens under that name out there on the muster rolls, that's the only lead I have. Overall very happy over what I think is a match made in heaven

post-209461-0-97962500-1555973513.jpg

post-209461-0-30628400-1555973556.jpg

Nice helmet! Quite a few people pop up on the musters. Do you have a first name?

i haven't seen a trace of a first name unfortunately

Beautiful set!

Great Helmet.Congrats.

Congrats on a beautiful helmet

Wonderful lid, very clean, very nice. Well stored over these many years. A keeper...! Regards, Chris

Thats a beauty

Wonderful helmet, couldn't ask for a cleaner example!

thanks a lot everyone, ive been on the search for a navy fixed bail for a while

Really nice and the picture lighting on the helmet A++++

Marty

thanks a lot, i tried to get it while the sun was still out, but i think it does look pretty good under a sunset