Dual Stamped M3

SKIPH

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with this one. Sorry if I am, but this is important for the newer collectors to be aware of. Dual stamped M3s really exist. I own an Imperial. This is a Utica, blade & guard marked, ebay #183780092912. Currently the bids are up to $255, it will climb, with 5 days to go. This is only about the 3rd or 4th one I have ever seen, on ebay or anywhere else. They are rare! Since Imperial & Utica made the most M3s during WW2, it would make sense to see some transition blades. If someone could post the ad or pics it would be appreciated. I don't know the seller, and since I already own a dual stamped, I feel other collectors here should have an opportunity to win one. Good Luck! Again sorry if I stepped on some toes. SKIP

Thanks again Lance! Isn't a beauty? I hope one of the collectors on our site wins it. That's why I posted it. SKIP

Looks like it ended at $662. Someone won a nice M3. Figured it would go into the $800s. Saw one sell for $910 back in December.

dunit35- Thanks for the update. I fell asleep and missed it. I figured it would go for higher too. Anyway, someone got a nice, and rare M3. SKIP

I wasnt going to admit it but I was actually the winner. I was wanting to get my hands on a Boker but couldnt resist adding this one. The price wasnt blowing up so I threw in a bid. Didnt think it would be enough.

Well, I bid you up a bit LOL.... nice score.

Haha. Figured it wouldve went higher than it did so I wont hold it against you.

I figured that it would go higher too, but have been surprised and seen things go cheap so Ill usually throw in a bid. I didnt have to have it so I put in what Id be happy with and left it at that.

Congratulations dunit35 ! I am so glad a forum member won it. Had you bid on it before or after I started the thread? Just curious! It sure is a sweetheart. SKIP

Congratulations dunit35 ! I am so glad a forum member won it. Had you bid on it before or after I started the thread? Just curious! It sure is a sweetheart. SKIP

This one didnt show up in my EBay searches. I have to give you credit for it. I have no idea how rare these are but since you approved it I wanted to try to get it.

Thanks dunit35, it makes me feel good that someone bought it on my recommendation. I try to point out good items, or decent deals to the other collectors on the site. Lord help me if I ever steer anyone wrong. I don't want to mess up my credibility. Let us know when you get it, and post some pics if possible. SKIP

FWIW I bid after seeing it here. Been trying to not buy as much so not purposely scouring eBay LOL

I always value your opinion SKIPH, if something ever fools you on am M3 Id have been totally lost on it.

I was actually scouring EBay for a decent Boker blade marked. Ended up buying a great shape Pal blade marked off a forum member, a decent shaped Imperial blade marked, and this dual stamped. Couldnt pass this one up, especially at the good price.

When I do finally find a good shaped Boker Im going to be out more cash. The joy of collecting.

Picked up the Utica today. Its an great shape. Nothing loose on it, finish is still good. Well worth the price paid. Ill try to post some pictures later. Im not sure my phone pictures will be much better than the listed pictures though.