MUST SEE: USMC CAMILLUS FIGHTING KNIFE w CARE TAG

usmce4

This is the same guy that's selling the Utica blade & guard marked M3. SKIP

What's amazing is not who's selling it Skip, but look what somebody's BUYING it for!!!!

Art

I was just gonna say how this knife will cause a rush of insanity in the collectors' world. Then I looked at ebay. Already happened. Camillus USN MK2 w/ "Care Tag", ebay#113724705146 with a starting price of---get this! $1200.00 It has begun. If someone could post this ad, we'd all appreciate it. SKIP

The person selling this nice one for $1200 - mentioned in the that ebay auction that one just sold for $1053 - here comes the knives out of the woodwork sale!!

I was just gonna say how this knife will cause a rush of insanity in the collectors' world. Then I looked at ebay. Already happened. Camillus USN MK2 w/ "Care Tag", ebay#113724705146 with a starting price of---get this! $1200.00 It has begun. If someone could post this ad, we'd all appreciate it. SKIP

Near Mint WWII USMC CAMILLUS FIGHTING KNIFE w TAKE CARE TAG US MARINE CORP WW2

This is a Near Mint WWII USMC CAMILLUS FIGHTING KNIFE w TAKE CARE TAG US MARINE CORP WW2. Condition is UNUSED Just wear from taking it in and out of leather scabbard .A WW2, “USMC CAMILLUS NY”, Fighting Knife with Sheath and “Take care of your knife it may save your life” Tag! The beautiful blade rates near mint with some very slight wear to its finish. No RUST ON BLADE AT ALL,Pictures show some dust on blade,Its not rust. The blade measures 7” long. The top of the crossguard shows no wear . The leather handle rates excellent+. The original leather sheath rates Mint to excellent . The “take care” tag is original and shows some wear and staining. Overall, is very good , WW2, USMC Fighting Knife with “Take Care” Tag, for your Collection! This one would be hard to upgrade. One just sold for $ 1053.00. This one is nicer.

post-168413-0-87358900-1555811522_thumb.jpg

I see that "Care Tags" are now worth $1000 each. That's ridiculous! I have 18 MK2s, from most of the makers, with more than half in mint condition, not one "Care Tag", for the most part it's a fairly common knife. I see the counterfeit "Care Tag" industry about to skyrocket. Every MK2 will now have a tag, with a grease or water stain. Let's see how this all unfolds, and get a good laugh. SKIP.

I'm reminded of the recent auctions on Gary's last book. Three copies sold in close order. First for just under $500, second for just over $400 and the third for $290. Then everything has gone quiet. I guess they're waiting for the demand to heat back up.

Same sort of thing happened earlier with first version Stevenson metal pocket knives with the Robeson style can/bottle opener and screw driver. First few sold for big bucks and the last one the price dropped back to the reasonable level, and no more examples have shown up since.

WOW that's crazy. Anyone dishonest person with a little knowledge of a desk top layout program and a 600 dpi printer could bang those things out by the hundreds. Dirty it up a little and pocket a thousand dollars. Like SKIPH said above, lets see how this unfolds.