A Meeting of the EGA Gurus

Dirk

Yesterday I got to witness the gathering of three EGA gurus: Dr Fred Briuer, Tim Klie, and Mike Manifor. Lt Col Manifor held his retirement ceremony at the Marine Corps Museum and invited both authors. Neither Tim nor Fred had met each other before...so after the shaking of hands, both almost simultaneously said "I have your book". Both discussed follow-on publication plans and spoke of past collections seen, and new discoveries made since the publication of their books. Pretty enlightening afternoon.

image1.jpeg

jeremiahcable

There's a lot of smarts in that picture, and Mike. ;-) Seriously though, those guys are encyclopedias of EGA knowledge.

Outstanding! Best wishes for your future endeavors, Mike. Great to share the moment with these great USMC historians! Semper Fi to all present. Bob

usmcaviator

Thank you Jeremiah and Bob. Very humbled to have celebrated my career with Dirk and these fine gentlemen. A great and fun day.

Mike

You could label that photo "the three wise men".

Mike Congratulations on your retirement! Thank you for your service to our country and to this hobby.

Semper Fi,

John

Seems like every time I turn around these past 12 months someone else I know in this gun club is retiring. Starting to get awfully lonely in these parts.

Congrats on the retirement. I hope you figured out what you want to be now that you have to grow up and stop playing GI Joe with your buddies all day.

I should probably start thinking about that myself, but I'm not ready to grow up yet.

Brian Dentino

Congratulations on your retirement Mike. Now you have more time searching out those hard to find birds for your collection!

I was humbled to be in the audience for Mike's retirement. Standing next to Mike and with Fred I felt like an impostor. I may have written a book but my knowledge of EGAs is limited compared to the masters gathered. Thanks to all for a great time at the HMMC.