Unknown metal rank insignia

jim_mi

I think this is a second Lieutenant bar. Can anyone positively identify it and the appropriate service branch?

Thanks, Jim

post-60452-0-95521600-1555700718.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it's mounted on a vintage leather Scabbard. It's a clutch back and both posts have been cut off with a small piece of metal apparently soldered on them to hold it onto the leather. The bar is about three quarters of an inch in length, and has a rough surface, sort of corrugated. If it's of any help, the sheath and knife Within appear to be World War II vintage.

Thanks, Jim

Looks like a WW1 rank insignia for 2nd Lt.

There were rank insignas dubbed coffin lid as the raised bars looked like a coffin lid.

I actually recall these being more of a version of the bullion style insignias but made of full metal with a bullion embossed design

Could be a service bar for the police or FD.In the Chicago metro area in the 70's and 80's we wore leather winter coats.Wore the bars on the left sleeve,3 years per bar.May still be available in gold or silver.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I appreciate all the info I can get since I know nothing about rank insignia. I got it when I bought a knife, which I do collect, and was curious.

72PSB- these service Stripes you mention, were they sewn on or pin on?