Another idea of displaying uniforms-what do you think

Since the more space you have, the more it gets filled up, very easy and very fast. Especially having lots of "stuff". With making (or buying) another display case, shelf/shelves. Having uniforms and putting them on mannequins or hanging them in the closet (with or without plastic, are the most common. Then you can take the hanger and hang it on the nail in the wall. Or...you could mount them in a frame, to hang on the wall.

I have several uniforms that are brand new, or never issued, and want to put them on a piece of 1/4 inch wood, framed in plexi-glass. I think this will protect it better while also being shown off. (clever, or just okay) Most are OD (BDU's, ERDL's, Tiger Stripes & Woodland) so the wood will be either plain or White. Any preference? Also, any suggestions on how to mount the uniforms? Maybe just having them pressed in by the glass, and hope they won't move.

Do not forget overtime light will fade a uniforms color so consider that when you buy the glass...ive seen a beautiful WWII German uniform ruined because the light faded it and left the shadows of the equipment underneath...

Dwayne

Also avoid hanging them on the wall in direct sunlight. The UV glass is good and recommended but it wont come cheap to do it right. I think I once spent $40 to frame a drawing under UV glass and it was only around 11×14 or smaller in size.

Hi Jason

How the collection going? Thanks for your tip and info. Yes, it seems the price of doing it right, is expensive. For tops and bottoms, (36x72) times OH BOY! That's going to cost.