URGENT! RC M-3 HELP FAST!

Costa

today I stopped off at an antique shop that I have been to before and bough many small items from, ww2. owner said he had a expensive knife and brought it out from the back. it was an M-3 blade marked U.S. M-3 RC CO. IT WAS IN A MILSCO 1943 DATED LEATHER SCABBARD very light tan in color. this knife was mint with a midnight bluing but, no ord stamp on the pommel. I told him its a fake due to the lack of the pommel marking but, it had the cross cannons on the guard. he said he was offered 1300.00 for it. when I got home the Cole book proved me wrong. Robson was the only maker with cross cannons on the guard and now thinking he has a nice good example. my question is this--------- are there fakes made of the RC blade marked M-3 knives or ever been made????

RC M-3's no ordinance bomb on pommel, crossed cannons on guard. Sounds right to me, but without pictures I get nervous giving opinions.

Just pulled out Bill Walter's book. He says that all RC M-3's were finished blue. But, they tend to appear more satin than some other blued M3's that got more polishing to the metal before blueing. Bill goes on to say that all RC M-3's were issued with L&C M6 sheaths, (if that's an issue), and that total production was 36,575.

Hope this helps.

Costa- Sounds right to me. I have ever seen a fake or repro Roberson M3 dated, or blade marked. They did not make guard marked. Make him an offer, never hurts to negotiate. Maybe the $1300 price tag is his wishful thinking. RCCs are rare in either case, boils down to how bad you want or need it. Good luck! SKIP.

Bill Walters

Get some photos of it and post them. If it is mint and correct, I will give you a profit. Bill