Crushed USAF Visor, WW2 era?

Rylan

I picked up this one a couple years ago. I tried to do a bit of research, from what I understand it is an NCO visor that was upgraded to an Officer rank? Would this be WW2 era or post war?? I don't normally collect this kind of headgear. But it looked nice so I grabbed it. I hate to ask, but can somebody give me a rough idea of what this would be worth? I don't even have the room to properly display it, it doesn't see daylight often and would probably better off in someone else's collection.

s258Nsq.jpg

DBPyyti.jpg

8Ctcc3j.jpg

6Mvi1Cb.jpg

d3DPupz.jpg

post-3172-0-41813500-1555363214_thumb.jpg

post-3172-0-84561200-1555363297_thumb.jpg

The hat is WW2, it is not a true crusher. But has many of the characteristics of a crush visor. I have seen this done before for guys who didnt have the money wartime to buy another hat. Does it look like the badge has been on there for long ? Tons of guys these days slap officer badges on EM hats to get more money

Remove the eagle and look for a round 1 1/2" impression behind it. The eagle itself may be a Fox, see if it's marked while you have it off.

Thank you for your replies. I took the eagle off, and I think you guys are right... someone slapped on an officer's eagle. I don't see much of a "ghost" of the eagle, just the round NCO insignia. Here's what I saw:

2RtanKz.jpg

bLdrGfw.jpg

aF337Lq.jpg

What would be the value as is? I obviously will disclose the fact that it is an NCO visor. Does the eagle look WW2 era? Thanks again for your help, a bit disappointed as I probably grossly overpaid at $150 CAD... but I don't mind selling at a loss to move it on. Perhaps someone will put the correct insignia on it and enjoy it for what it is.

Who pulls a stunt like this?

Can't you return it?

I bought it maybe 2-3 years ago. It was from a small antique shop... I doubt they would give me my money back especially this long after the fact. Oh well, it's a lesson learned.

Ouch you really got taken to the cleaners. With a nice EM badge Id think $45-50 and maybe $10-15 for the hat badge

Well, at this point, it is what it is. Regardless, I appreciate all of the help and info you guys have provided. I normally stick to collecting U.S. guns & fieldgear (other than german militaria), but took a chance on the visor and it obviously didn't work out well for me. I will sell it for what I can and move on. Thanks again guys :)