ALICE 2qt canteen and cover...in East German RAIN CAMO?!

This is a new one on me...picked up this ALICE 2qt canteen with cover at a swapmeet yesterday. I know there are manufacturers out there that make this stuff in various colors/camo patterns, but I've never seen one with the East German rain camo before. Could this have been something used by OPFOR training units? Or something US-produced for the Germans? The materials used are high quality, not the cheap China nylon you'd expect from a Rothco or similar product. The only real difference from the USGI 2qt cover is the replacement of the 'furry' lining with a heavy felt. Otherwise the materials and fitting appear identical. No markings on the cover. Canteen is standard 1985 dated.

post-153911-0-08593700-1555302147.jpg

Please see the comments on our sister website, World Militaria Forum, about the surplus dealer and recycler Sturm:

http://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/313284-east-german-rain-pattern-scrap-material-m-43-cap/

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif