504th PIR with camo uniform KIA Italy 1943

ScottG

I think this is one of the neatest photos of a WWII airborne soldier I have ever seen from a studio shot. Scott

Oops! title should say 504th...

post-104832-0-67134600-1555217810_thumb.jpg

looks like there maybe a name on the jacket. Take a look at it with a Jewelers loupe. You did say he was KIA . Anything on the back of the photo ? Nice picture too...

Great photo. However, is the picture distorted or is the 'Trooper actually 4'9" tall? He looks awfully short in the picture.

TH1

Hello and thanks for all of the comments. I don't think the picture is distorted, but no way to know for certain... I have his name, and where he was from etc... I agree that it was ;likely taken in Italy. Thanks again, Scott.

looks like there maybe a name on the jacket. Take a look at it with a Jewelers loupe. You did say he was KIA . Anything on the back of the photo ? Nice picture too...

Staff Sergeant Henry Paquet of Escanaba Michigan.

Great pic -

I think the camera seems to have distorted his photo making his waist up look larger and his waist down look smaller - sort of like a fun house mirror. I am sure the photo studios in Italy at that time were not using state of the art equipment.

The camouflage uniform would be correct for troopers of the 504th at that time. The jump boots, probably from the photo distortion?, look funny to me - like there is not toe cap on the jump boots. Also, note the early form of leg ties for the jump trousers.

Thanks for posting.

Best regards,

Bill K.

Brian Dentino

Has to be camera distortion......either that or we are looking at the father of Tim Conway's "Dorf on Golf"! His legs look about half as long as they should be for a normal proportioned individual.

There is something seriously weird going on in that picture. His hands are as big as his feet. Hate to say it...but are you sure that is an original photo? It looks photo shopped to me. The lower skirt of the jump jacket looks odd/un natural as well.

There is something seriously weird going on in that picture. His hands are as big as his feet. Hate to say it...but are you sure that is an original photo? It looks photo shopped to me. The lower skirt of the jump jacket looks odd/un natural as well.

This is a copy from the original. It is not photo shopped but could very well be the result of some poor equipment in an Italian studio. Scottt