New Member from Upstate NY

silasgore1

Getting into WWII Airborne reenacting with my son at his insistence, he bought most of my equipment for me so I guess I have to jump with him!

I've done RevWar, Civil War and now WWII, think this will be the last time period I do!

My father and most of my Uncles fought in WWII, I grew up with the stories, so this is a time period I know well.

Looking forward to Conneaut this year, always a great time!

Tim

Welcome. You'll find plenty of up-staters here. My dad was in WW2 so I'm guessing you're about my age. If you're going to jump out of planes more power to you. If I can ask, where was your Dad in WW2?

No, I'm 59, far too old to jump! Some of our group does jump, I'll stay on the ground! They guys let me dress and act as Camp Guard for them, I'm too old and I know it, but they treat me well and let me play with them. I'm grateful...

Dad lied about his age and joined the Army at 17 only to find out he was 4-F due to bad eyes and unfit for combat duty. He even proved he was a hell of a shot with his Garand. He said he lay in his bed that night and cried, he felt he wasn't "man enough". He spent the War on several 8th AAF bases in the USA doing desk duty, which he hated. He said he didn't do anything in the Army, but as my sister said, "Dad you lied about your age to go and fight at 17, that speaks for itself". He never boasted about being in the Army, but he got the rifle salute and taps at his funeral, as he should have, in my book anyway.

BILL THE PATCH

Hi, and welcome. I'm another upstater. well for the last 28 years anyway. What part of NY? If you don't mind me asking

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi, and welcome. I'm another upstater. well for the last 28 years anyway. What part of NY? If you don't mind me asking

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Outside of Binghamton, where Spring will never arrive... :(

Have you ever done any reenacting at the Genesee Country Museum which is close to me? They always have a Civil War weekend and they used to have a Revolutionary War weekend. I think they have started that one up again but I'm not sure. The story was that the reenactors got a little rowdy one weekend but I'm not sure that's true.

Have you ever done any reenacting at the Genesee Country Museum which is close to me? They always have a Civil War weekend and they used to have a Revolutionary War weekend. I think they have started that one up again but I'm not sure. The story was that the reenactors got a little rowdy one weekend but I'm not sure that's true.

CW reenacting gets out of control at times, too much drinking for me. I enjoyed it and also did RevWar with my son, now we do WWII together!

Welcome, I like upstate NY, I was on a Nike base at Grand island. Best looking gals in the world at Buffalo , But that was in the old days. :) I live next to Shiloh Military park they do a lot of civil war reenacting here so come on down, We do ww2 events also. I got three halftracks.