Looking for any items that belonged to GySgt. Leonard A Webber USMC

Peyton_Aukland41

Peyton_Aukland41

I recently discovered I am related to GySgt Leonard A Weber who received the SSM at Tarawa as a member of a tank battalion.

It doesn't look like he had any children and I could be the closest thing to family still alive. Feel free to pm me if anyone has any items or knows who might have any of his personal effects. Thanks

SSM citation: The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Silver Star to Private First Class Leonard A. Webber (MCSN: 383785), United States Marine Corps, for conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity while serving with Company B, Second Tank Battalion, SECOND Marine Division during action against enemy Japanese forces at Tarawa, Gilbert Islands on 22 and 23 November 1943. With radio communications inoperative during this period of bitter offensive action, Private First Class Webber repeatedly exposed himself to the enemy's shattering barrages to carry vital messages between the Battalion Command Post, tanks and infantry front line positions contributing materially to the maintenance of tank unit communications and to the ultimate success of our forces in capturing this vital hostile stronghold. By his fearless determination, his outstanding fortitude and cool courage in the face of grave danger, Private First Class Webber served as an inspiration to others in the area and his zealous devotion to duty throughout was in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service.

• 6 months later...
Peyton_Aukland41

Just recently made contact with GySgt Webber's family and it turns out he ended up having several children. I'm happy to know his belongings are in good hands. Please ignore this post.