New book on Patton

jeb137

I got a private heads up about this book, this morning.

It strikes me as being one of those conspiracies that just will not go away, more than anything else.

Still though, I'd read just about anything about Patton, no matter how nutso.

I got a private heads up about this book, this morning.

It strikes me as being one of those conspiracies that just will not go away, more than anything else.

Still though, I'd read just about anything about Patton, no matter how nutso.

Yeah, well Patton was nutso himself in any case.

Do not sell this book short. I have read it and found it very interesting, it brings up some very good points and is very well researched. It will get you thinking after you finish it.

Do not sell this book short. I have read it and found it very interesting, it brings up some very good points and is very well researched. It will get you thinking after you finish it.

dhodak,

Are you the author?

If so, please in the spirit of full disclosure let us know what brought you to your conclusions.

If you are not the author, I apologize for the assumption, and please ignore the below... But it does seem odd that the only time you felt compelled to post on the forum was in defense of an obscure book on Patton.

Here on USMF, In general it is considered bad form to miss-direct. Since we have become one of the most popular militaria forums on the internet, we have seen it many times with sellers from ebay dropping in here and posting a: "Hey, did you see this rare item, I think it is a bargain"--only to find out that they were the owner of the item being sold.

Unlike other forums, USMF doesn't have any prohibition against sellers discussing their items, we do however prefer people to be honest and forthright in their postings.

If you are indeed the author, please; lets discuss your theories. There are many historians here on the forum, both amateur and professional, who would be more than willing to engage in such a provocative subject.

On the other hand, miss-direction and obfuscation tends to intimate the book might not bear the scrutiny of peers.

Hell, if the USG wanted to get rid of Patton, it should have just court martialled him for the Task Force Baum/Hammelburg fiasco and sent him home. If the US public, who were up in arms during the slapping incidents, had gotten the true story after the war, Patton would have never been taken seriously.

I'm an Occam's Razor kind of guy. If Patton were to be "executed," I'm sure an easier way could have been found than to:

(1) Manufacture a auto accident in which no one was hurt, but Patton would have hit his head, so:

(2) He could have been shot with a "low velocity" projectile that left no puncture wound, left no suspicious bruising, but had enough force to break his neck, so:

(3) He would be paralyzed, so:

(4) NKVD agents could finish him off in the hospital.

Sorry, I ain't buying.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not worry American Friends,

WWII era VIPs are very good subject for various conspiracy theories. You are not alone. There is a group of paranormal quasi-historians who are preparing permanently their theories of Polish Prime Minister Gen. Władysław Sikorski's death in air accident at Gibraltar, 1943. These theories tell that Gen. Sikorski was killed:

- before entering his LB-30 VIP aircraft

- immediately after take-off from Gibraltar

- directly before ditching after very short flight towards sea

What is more a group of paranormal quasi-historians tell that Sikorski was murdered by:

- the Polish political opposition

- the Russian Intelligence

- the British Intelligence

- the German Intelligence

- the Czech pilot in cooperation with... (insert what you want including ET)

Be happy -- you are the only one WWII era Power not accused (so far) of killing Gen. Sikorski.

think.gif

dhodak,

Are you the author?

If so, please in the spirit of full disclosure let us know what brought you to your conclusions.

If you are not the author, I apologize for the assumption, and please ignore the below... But it does seem odd that the only time you felt compelled to post on the forum was in defense of an obscure book on Patton.

Here on USMF, In general it is considered bad form to miss-direct. Since we have become one of the most popular militaria forums on the internet, we have seen it many times with sellers from ebay dropping in here and posting a: "Hey, did you see this rare item, I think it is a bargain"--only to find out that they were the owner of the item being sold.

Unlike other forums, USMF doesn't have any prohibition against sellers discussing their items, we do however prefer people to be honest and forthright in their postings.

If you are indeed the author, please; lets discuss your theories. There are many historians here on the forum, both amateur and professional, who would be more than willing to engage in such a provocative subject.

On the other hand, miss-direction and obfuscation tends to intimate the book might not bear the scrutiny of peers.

No I am not the author, i just felt it was unfair of people to trash the book without reading it first. I thought it had some very interesting points. Do I take it as gospel , No. Sorry I have not posted before but I do enjoy reading on the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
Military Historian

Wasn't this "theory" the subject of a movie in... oh... the 1970s starring George Kennedy as Patton? I can no longer remember the title of the movie. It theorized that it was a "mob" hit to cover-up the theft of one of the "treasure trains" filled with recovered Nazi loot. Patton was in charge of the investigation, the movie positted, and was about to blow the whistle on the thieves. Exciting film. Poor history.

Bob C.

• 2 weeks later...
Military Historian
I don't think that film was even pretending to be serious. Usually movies don't posit serious conspiracy theories.

~TS

You are right. I don't think the movie was intended to be serious. It just seems "odd" that its' portrayal of how the "murder" was carried out is awfully similar to the MO theorized in this book.